In 2021, Medaryville Nursery School established the Medaryville Nursery School Scholarship Fund to award qualified students with discounted tuition in the final year of preschool before entering Kindergarten. All decisions are made by the Scholarship Committee of Medaryville Nursery School.
Medaryville Nursery School (MNS) Scholarship Fund is a partnership between MNS and parents who desire to provide a preschool education for their child. Medaryville Nursery School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, ethnicity, religion, or abilities in the award of scholarships. Funds for scholarships are available through generous donations of preschool, families, fundraising, and grant awards to Medaryville Nursery School. There are limited funds available each year. To be considered, a confidential application must be submitted to the Scholarship Committee for review.
To protect the privacy of personal information, the applicant’s name will be hidden and the Scholarship Committee will review applications and allocate scholarship funds anonymously.
Applications for the new school year are due by June 1st, following your child’s placement into the Medaryville Nursery School program. Financial need will be based on income, family size and family circumstances. Families may be required to submit further documentation for consideration of funds. MNS Scholarships are only applicable to the monthly tuition. Families will need to pay the full Registration Fee. Medaryville Nursery School Board will reserve a portion of the donated funds for students that move into the area mid-year, emergency situations or extenuating circumstances that may arise for families during the school year. The Board will send a letter to the applicant confirming or denying their request for scholarship funding by July 1st.
- Applicants must be accepted into the 4-year-old program to be eligible.
- Any school balances from a prior school year must be paid in order for a new application to be considered.
- The full Registrations Fee of $40 must be paid to secure the child’s spot.
- Late fees will be applied if we do not receive either a payment or communication regarding payment by the 1st of each month. A “Good Faith” payment with a payment plan of a reasonable amount is welcomed in the event that you are unable to pay your tuition in full. A payment plan must be approved by the MNS Board.
- If there is no “Good Faith” payment or communication regarding an outstanding balance at the end of each month, the scholarship will be withdrawn and no future funding will be allocated until the past due balance is paid.
- Parents of scholarship recipients are expected to be actively involved in fundraising and volunteer activities that promote Medaryville Nursery School.
- If you have qualified for Head Start and are on a waitlist, please provide documentation.
All scholarship applications must be submitted by May 1st to be considered. Scholarship award recipients will be notified by July 1st. If special circumstances arise after the deadline has passed, a scholarship application may be considered and reviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
All families are encouraged to apply for a scholarship.
A minimum of $50 tuition credit will be granted to every applicant.
Scholarship awards are based on the class the student is registered for at the beginning of the school year (full or half-day extended).
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents/Guardians: Click on the box below to begin your application for the Scholarship Program. Please remember that currently only 4-year-old students (Polar/Panda Bear Classes) that have registered and been notified of placement are eligible to apply for a scholarship.